- Girl Friday is based in NE Minneapolis business owned by Carly Van Veldhuizen.
- Our team strives to create beautiful, inventive, interesting, custom décor for events and brands.
- We're inspired by our client. Our goal is to understand our client and their goals--and then take that and create décor that delights, inspires and achieves those goals.
- Girl Friday is growing quickly and we aren't able to keep up with the requests for work. This year, we're planning to further expand the team and grow the company as we find the right people.
- Because we're a small business in a fast-moving and highly demanding industry, every person we hire needs to be a bit of a super star (no pressure!)
- We're looking for people who are:
hard-working and quick on your feet
willing to do anything that needs to be done
- Must be available one or more weekdays (during the day) OR weekend evenings (between 9pm-1am)
- This position is project-based. Girl Friday averages around 200 projects per year. Typically, we hire Independent Contractors for 120-150 of those projects.
- Every project is different—and that’s the way we like it! Projects can range from 5 people making paper flowers for a brand activation to 15 people installing a 100-foot-long ceiling installation at a venue.
- We teach on the job—no need to be an expert so long as you’re eager to learn and willing to do what needs to be done.
- We pay our independent contractors $15 an hour to start--and $20 an hour after 12am.
- In addition to pay, we provide beverages, snacks and meals. And pay for parking, any out-of-town travel and expenses.
- Our independent contractors fill out a W-9. We send out a 1099 at the end of the year for contractors we've paid more than $500 over the year.
We're looking for a handful of exceptional people to work with us as needed--about 5-10 times a month.
SOUND LIKE A FIT?
If this sounds like a match made in craft heaven,
we'd love for you to fill out the application below + send firstname.lastname@example.org your portfolio or resume.
INDEPENDENT CONTRACTOR APPLICATION
Please provide your availability:
If everything above looks correct, please click "Submit" to send this application to Kati, our Staffing Manager.
Step 1: Submit this completed application
Step 2: Email Kati (email@example.com your portfolio or resume